|Job Title||Hadoop & RDBMS Engineer
|Create Date||2/27/2014 10:29:00 AM
|Location||Foster City, CA
|Number Of Openings||1
|Employment Status||W2 ONLY
|Primary Skills||Hadoop, RDBMS, Linux
|Secondary Skills||Hive, Pig, Virtual Machines
Looking for a talented Hadoop Engineer with experience on working with very large data sets and knowledge of building programs that leverage Hadoop and MPP platforms. The engineer will have significant knowledge of Big Data technologies and tools with the ability to share ideas among a collaborative team. Some of the responsibilities include loading data from several disparate, structured and non-structured data sets,documentation, performance testing and debugging applications.
The Hadoop Developer will also be an expert with traditional Database Development (SQL, Stored Procedures, User defined functions and ETL Development). The developer will understand Fact Dimensional Modeling and ETL steps necessary to load into Data Warehouse systems.
Must have skills:
8 years of RDBMS experience. 2 years of Hadoop experience. Deep understanding and experience with Hadoop internals. Fluent in at least one scripting language (Shell/Perl/Python/Java/etc.). Experience with agile development methodologies. Strong SQL development skills is a must.
Loading data from several disparate, structured and non-structured data sets,documentation, performance testing and debugging applications.
• Deep understanding and experience with Hadoop internals (MapReduce (YARN), HDFS), Streaming, Pig, HCatalog, Oozie, Hive, HBase.
• Ability to create and manage big data pipeline, including Pig/MapReduce jobs
• Deep understanding and experience with Linux internals, virtual machines, and open source tools/platforms
• Experience building large-scale distributed applications and services
• Fluent in at least one scripting language (Shell/Perl/Python/Java/etc.)
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Knowledge of industry standards and trends
• Significant experience with Data Warehousing (Fact and Dimensional modeling) and RDBMS ETL development
• Expert SQL Developer is a must.
• Local candidates a must
Scripting Language *